Blue Roof Announcement points
As this is shared across the state. The above link is an overview of the Federal FEMA / US Army Corps of Engineers Blue Roof temporary assistance program.
- The blue roof program has no cost to the property owner.
- Metal roofs, flat roofs, tile roofs, asbestos roofs are not eligible.
- Mobile homes with flat metal roofs are not eligible
- Typically a standard asphalt shingle roof meets the requirements.
- The Blue Roof program is in partnership with FEMA individual assistance support as part of the recovery process
- ROE collection centers will be established in areas that have need.
- Each 911 address will need a separate Right of Entry (ROE).
- Apartment complexes will need a separate Right of Entry (ROE) for each building.
- A duplex would need a Right of Entry (ROE) for each side. Applies to 4 plex or similar
- Please reply back to me the following:
- Population of your county
- Number of residential structures
- Your eyes on the ground assessment “I think that 60% of the homes in my county have roof damage” or whatever level you think. This helps get the damage assessments started.
Reply with county information back to: