S.T.A.R.—Spotlight Trophy for the Advancement of Roofing is an awards program designed by the Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association (FRSA) to recognize members' unique and outstanding projects. A panel evaluates the entries for inclusion and outstanding performance in each category.
Applications must be submitted by April 3, 2023. Late entries will not be accepted.
Proudly sponsored by
Low Slope – Modified Bitumen/Single-Ply (TPO, PVC, EPDM)/BUR-Tar & Gravel/Metal; Any variation of the above types of low-sloped roofing systems.
Steep Slope – All shingle, tile, metal, slate, wood shake/shingle, or composite material applied as a roof system to a 2:12 or greater roof slope.
Craftsmanship in Roofing – A roof system installation where a superior level of workmanship was evident and made the completed project unique in fit, finish and/or use. Open to any size or type of roof system.
NEW Category - Hurricane Response – A project where your company responded to hurricane damage in an unusual or extraordinary way.
Contractor company must be a current FRSA member.
Project must have been completed in the calendar year preceding the awards dinner. (Example: For 2023 S.T.A.R. Awards, project must have been completed in 2022.)
Judging criteria is inclusive of, but not limited to: aesthetics, special circumstances, unique project design, complexity of project, workmanship, teamwork, testimonials, creative problem solving.
Project videos will be accepted and reviewed by the judges. Videos will be used as an added tool to help paint a complete picture of the finished project. However, multiple high-resolution still photographs showing the project before, in-progress, and completed will still be required.
Application must be completed in its entirety in order to be considered.
Submission cutoff date is April 3, 2023. Late entries will not be accepted.
By submitting an application to the Spotlight Trophy for the Advancement of Roofing ("S.T.A.R.) Awards Panel, the applicant agrees to the following:
• The applicant shall not submit any materials protected under copyright, trademark, trade secret or other applicable intellectual property laws without the express written permission of the owner, Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association, Inc. ("FRSA") shall assume that the applicant has received all requisite permissions from any intellectual property owner prior to application submittal.
• The applicant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless FRSA, its members, employees, officers, directors and agents from any and all liability, damages, costs, attorney's fees and legal expenses related to the production of copyrighted, trademarked, or other intellectual property material.
• The applicant gives permission to have its project information and photographs distributed through FRSA in any publication, on any website and through any media source, including, without limitation, any news and trade media for potential publication or publication by third parties.
• The applicant agrees that FRSA is under no duty to maintain the confidentiality of the submitted applications or other materials that applicant provides to FRSA.
• All material submitted to FRSA shall become the property of FRSA and shall not be returned to the applicant.
• If an applicant has any questions regarding the submission process or with any of the issues discussed in this legal disclaimer, please contact FRSA at 800-767-3772.
Only current FRSA members are eligible to apply. Not a member? Join now!
Manufacturers, Distributors and Suppliers - Have customers that have unique industry projects? Send them the S.T.A.R. Awards information or complete the application for them. If they win a S.T.A.R. Award using your products, you'll be recognized too! (Contractor company must be an FRSA member to be eligible for award.)
Deadline for Submissions is April 3, 2023!
Award Distribution - Awards will be available for pick up at the FRSA Officer Installation Dinner on Thursday, July 13, 2023. Please mark your calendars and consider sponsoring a table at this important industry event.
Questions? Please contact John Hellein at email@example.com or at 800-767-3772 ext. 123 for assistance.
Congratulations to our 2022 S.T.A.R. Awards Winners!
2022 Shining Star Award Winner