2018 Shining STAR Award Winner
S.T.A.R.—Spotlight Trophy for the Advancement of Roofing is an awards program designed by the Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association (FRSA) to recognize members' unique and outstanding projects. A panel evaluates the entries for inclusion and outstanding performance in each category. FRSA's S.T.A.R. Awards and Officer Installation Dinner will feature a presentation profiling winning industry projects. This awards dinner will be an opportunity to network with contractors, manufacturers, architects and exhibitors in a relaxed, business atmosphere.
S.T.A.R. Awards – Category definitions: New Categories for 2019!
• Low Slope – Modified Bitumen/Single-Ply (TPO, PVC, EPDM)/BUR-Tar & Gravel/Metal; Any variation of the above types of low-sloped roofing systems.
• Steep Slope - All shingle, tile, metal, slate, wood shake/shingle, or composite material applied as a roof system to a 2:12 or greater roof slope.
• Community Service Project/Charity Roof - Any non-profit roof installation that can be documented as a whole or partial donation (minimum 50% free materials and/or labor).
• Craftsmanship in Roofing – A roof system installation where a superior level of workmanship was evident and made the completed project unique in fit, finish and/or use. Open to any size or type of roof system.
Disclaimer: By submitting an application to the Spotlight Trophy for the Advancement of Roofing ("S.T.A.R.) Awards Panel, the applicant agrees to the following:
· The applicant shall not submit any materials protected under copyright, trademark, trade secret or other applicable intellectual property laws without the express written permission of the owner, Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association, Inc. ("FRSA") shall assume that the applicant has received all requisite permissions from any intellectual property owner prior to application submittal.
· The applicant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless FRSA, its members, employees, officers, directors and agents from any and all liability, damages, costs, attorney's fees and legal expenses related to the production of copyrighted, trademarked, or other intellectual property material.
· The applicant gives permission to have its project information and photographs distributed through FRSA in any publication, on any website and through any media source, including, without limitation, any news and trade media for potential publication or publication by third parties.
· The applicant agrees that FRSA is under no duty to maintain the confidentiality of the submitted applications or other materials that applicant provides to FRSA.
· All material submitted to FRSA shall become the property of FRSA and shall not be returned to the applicant.
· If an applicant has any questions regarding the submission process or with any of the issues discussed in this legal disclaimer, please contact FRSA at 800-767-3772.
· By submitting a project electronically, you agree to the terms and conditions listed above.
Manufacturers, Distributors and Suppliers - Have customers that have unique industry projects? Send them the S.T.A.R. Awards information or complete the application for them. If they win a S.T.A.R. Award using your products, you'll be recognized too! (Contractor company must be an FRSA member to be eligible for award.)
Contact Cheryl Sulock at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800-767-3772 ext. 177 for more information about the S.T.A.R. Awards, Convention or the Florida Roofing & Sheet Metal Expo.
Deadline for Submissions is April 10, 2019!
If you have any questions and issues with the S.T.A.R. awards application, please contact Meghan Roth at 800-767-3772, ext 123; email: email@example.com for assistance.
Benefits of table sponsorship: