The Business Development Manager, a member of our Business Development team, is responsible for identifying opportunities for business growth, managing opportunities, and optimizing marketing strategies with our Construction Practice Team. The successful candidate will be a team player with strong writing and editing skills, excellent project management skills, and a drive to leverage business development skills to advance the firm’s strategic plan. They will embed themselves in this practice team and be the go-to for all external-facing projects. This position is based in our Tampa office.
• Dedicated Manager for our Construction Team under the direction of the Director of Business Development and the CMO.
• Conduct research on clients, prospects, industries, conferences, and membership organizations. Provide recommendations and summarize findings.
• Identify and analyze industry trends as well as cross-selling opportunities.
• Assist with drafting business plans, presentations, trade shows, and conferences.
• Manage and help maintain a database of current clients, prospective clients, referrals, marketing, and sales activities. Identify new clients and partners.
• Project management for external events, including trade shows, conferences, and other speaking engagements. Activities will include maintaining a conference/speaking calendar, preparing presentations and other marketing collateral, and post-conference lead follow-up.
• Travel to conferences and trade shows with lead attorneys would be required.
• Research thought leadership opportunities for our construction attorneys.
• Track and analyze leads from sponsorships and other marketing and business development initiatives to assess ROI for our construction team.
• Coordinate the social media calendar and publication schedule with the Marketing and Communications Manager.
• Coordinate and manage external campaigns and relationships with industry organizations and publications.
• Draft, edit and distribute weekly newsletters.
• Assist in drafting, researching, reviewing, editing, and designing materials used in support of client pitches and new business pursuits, including PowerPoint presentations, webinars, marketing brochures, and RFP responses.
Salary Range: $95,000 to $120,000
Health, Dental, Vision, Cafeteria Plan, Health Savings Account, Life, Disability, 401k Profit Sharing & Employer Match, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Recognition program, PTO, Firm Holidays
Contact Linda Soileau - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, business, journalism, communications, or related field of study
Adams and Reese LLP
100 N. Tampa Street
Tampa, FL 33602
• 3+ years of experience working in a similar marketing business development-related position.
• Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Exceptional attention to detail required
• Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills. Intermediate to advanced social networking skills.
• Strong search and research skills, including data gathering and reporting skills.
• Proficient in data entry.
• Intermediate to expert proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Similar experience with Adobe InDesign preferred